Ehsan Saboohi Symphony No.1
A Thesis Submitted to Graduate Studies Office in Partial Fulfillment of the
Requirements for the Degree of Master of Arts in Composition
A Seminar on Iranian Contemporary Music Organized by Ghasedak Music Institute and Part Publishing Co.
A Seminar on Contemporary Iranian Music Discussing two pieces by
* Ehsan Saboohi (Music Haiko, for Piano)
* Karen Keyhani (Only That Spark and Nothing More, for solo Oboe)
With an Introduction and Unveiling of the Sheet Music for these
Tehran, Arasbaran Cultural Center(Seyed Khandan, Jolfa St.)
Saturday, 17 August 2013, 4 pm
Celebration on Release of “Piano Works” by Ehsan Saboohi Celebration on Release of “Piano Works” by Ehsan Saboohi
Hooshyar Khayyam, Yevsookova Oksana, Andrey Bondarenko
Date and Time: 8th July 2013, 4:00 PM.
Address: Farhangsara-ye Arasbaran, Jolfa Ave., Seyed-Khandan St.
Ehsan Saboohi Tehran/jul/2013
Interview with Arman Daily “Intellectualism holds the most potential in contemporary art”. Interview with Arman Daily. (armandaily.ir/?NPN_Id=196&pageno=9)
Saboohi,Ehsan (1981 - )
Search in Saboohi,Ehsan
About the artist
Ehsan Saboohi is an Iranian contemporary composer. He was born in 1981 in Tehran, Iran. He learnt the principles of Iranian Traditional Music since his childhood.
Saboohi started his music education in Sooreh School of Music of Tehran and graduated in 1993. Then, in 2005 he graduated from the Music Academy of Azad University of Arts and Architecture and later on, in 2009 got his master degree in Composition at Art University of Tehran.
His works include music pieces for solo piano, chamber works, large symphonic ensembles, string orchestra, wind orchestra and vocal works, and arrangement of Iranian folklore music scores.
He has been teaching principles of Composition and Harmony in University of Applied Science and Technology, and Tehran Conservatory since 2008.
For more information, please visit - http://ehsansaboohi.com
• The first Snowflake, Admitted Score in “Composition for Harp Contest”, 2013.
• Diploma of Honor from Kharkov Conservatory for Composing Farewell Sonata, Ukraine, 2012.
• Leyli and Majnun, Admitted Score in “Composition for Oud Contest”, 2012.
• Free-Scores’ Prize Winner Composer for the First International Composition Contest, 2011.
• Makhoola for Trumpet and Piano, Admitted Score in the first Spring Festival of the Art University of Tehran, 2008.
• 3rd Prize Winner for playing Tombak (Iranian traditional Instrument) in Fajr International Music Festival, 1998
- M.A. in Composition (Contemporary Music), Art University of Tehran, 2009.
- B.A. in Music (International Instruments: Saxophone), Faculty of Art and Architecture, Islamic Azad University, 2005.
- Music diploma (Iranian traditional Instruments: Santour), Sooreh School of Music, 1999